I recently posted pictures of my favorite sweets and one of them was “potato candy” a few people still don’t know what potato candy is! Idk if it’s a thing around my town, but it’s a known recipe here.
I decided to make a batch of it tonight, so I thought “why not make a post on how to make it!”
- 1 potato (but you only use half)
- one bag of pure confectioner sugar (you’ll use half the bag!)
- a jar of peanut butter (only need two spoon full)
- Peel the potato, and put into water. Let boil until the potato is completely soft.
- Next you’re going to mash the potato, but only use half of the mashed potato for the candy. (The rest I usually throw away or save for the next night dinner)
- Next add confectiner sugar and whip.
- Your mixture will start to look really runny, keep adding confectiner sugar and stirring until the mixture turns into a dough like substance.
- Once you have the dough like substance, start kneading the dough with more confectiner sugar on a flat surface with your *clean* hands. It’ll then look like this. Smooth it out.
- Then spread your peanut butter onto the dough. (Try to not push hard on the spoon, you don’t want your dough too flat)
- Now start to roll up your dough! (I had mine a little too flat, all you need to do is add some sugar under each time you roll over the dough. The more suagr, the less sticky)
- Carefully place the rolled up dough onto a plate. (I used a spatula) Then place the plate into the fridge.
- After 2 hours (or until somewhat hardened) cut into small long pieces. Then put back into fridge for more time.
- Once the candy is cold and hardened, it’s time to eat!
Goodnight! Eating some candy and then going to bed! Hope everyone had a good day!