Thank you to B.G. over at Getting Through Anxiety! She nominated me for this award a while back, and I’m just now catching up on awards! Thank you again! If you’re not already following B.G, definitely go give her page a view!
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and prove a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Why did I start writing this blog?
I began writing this blog because it was suggest by my therapist to blog about my anxiety, depression, and schizophrenia. At first, I was hesitant to share any information about myself and my “mental health problems”. I honestly never thought that I’d be able to find myself being comfortable and connecting to strangers from around the world.
I also didn’t really expect to find so many people suffering from the same exact things I suffer from. Getting my blog and continuing to write and read others posts, has really helped me come out of my “shell” here on WordPress. I’ve gotten over the fear and posted pictures of the real me, I gave the first letter of my name, C:)
I’m really content with the way WordPress Bloggers have helped me. Reading some of your posts, that you probably think no one cares about, I can relate to…it really helps me.
I continue to write in my blog everyday and continue to comment and read others posts is because “why stop something that’s helping me?” It’s a little different than a diary, you know someone is reading it, you know it may be helping someone. I can go back and read the days that were difficult for me, and realize how stronger I have become since starting this blog:)
Advice for new bloggers:
- Don’t care about who’s reading your posts. It doesn’t matter if you have 3 views or 1000 views. Writing how you feel and the honest truth about how you feel, is going to help you in the long run. I never care if one of my posts that took me hours to write only has 2 views and the post that took me literally 3 minutes to write has 100 views. Those 2 views on that long insane post about how awful your day has gone, you may have really helped those 2 views. Every time I see someone like one of my more sad post, I hope I helped them, I hope they could relate. Also, when I first got my blog I was so worried about being judged! Trust me, no one on here is judging you, not in the mental health corner at least! We’re all on here for a reason, whether it’s to vent, make friends, or seek help, we’re all here for each other!
- Be yourself! Write about something, you’d like to write about. Not what others want you to write about, not what is going to get the most views, and not what is going to make others happy. This is YOUR blog, and it can be about anything YOU want it too! Don’t be worried about who/what is going to read your blog, be open, be yourself, and most of all be comfortable with your blog and your followers!
My Nominees (in no order):
- Sparkle&Shine: Writes about Beauty, Fashion, and Lifestyle.
- Moonlight Psychology: Writes about psychology, therapy, workshops,tips, news and videos.
- It’s just me, Josie.: Writes about mental health problems and life.
- PixieCake: Writes about her life, and more!
- Musings of An Insomniac.: “Late night thoughts of a fool”
- Reinventing My Creative Mind.: “Carving out space for creativity-one day at a time”
- Starrlet: writes about all kinds of things, definitely worth a read.
- Imperfection is Beauty: writes about a lot including art, mental health, and more.
- I Am My Own Island:“Because we all need to find a way to live with ourselves”
- Making Time For Me: “I am a wife, and mother. Just trying to handle the day to day, while working on myself from the inside out.”
- Bibliophile: Writes about a lot of different things, worth a read!
- Emily Mae: Honest Reviews and More!
- Happy Alexx: amazing writer, writes about mainly everything, definitely worth a read!
- ANYONE OF MY FOLLOWERS!