1) What is your favorite Christmas Fi
I’d have to say either “Home Alone” or “The Santa Clause”.
2) Have you ever had a white Christmas? Yes! Almost every Christmas here there is at least an inch or two on the ground. I remember in 1997 our town received almost 7 feet of snow, it was the best!
3) Where do you usually spend your holidays? It’s really changed a lot since I’ve gotten a little older. Holidays use to be always at my mom’s house and my dad’s parents house. This ended quickly after my parents got a divorce my Sophomore year in High School. Then it turned into celebrating the Holidays strictly at my mom’s house. Then I met Nikki and it turned into Christmas at my moms, and Christmas at her moms. Then my Grandma (mom’s mom) passed away and the holidays became too much for my mom. Now Holidays are celebrated at my Sister Jenny’s house, Nikki’s mom Debby’s house, and my dad comes to our house for presents.
4) What is your favorite Christmas song? I’m gonna have to say “Rocking Around The Christmas Tree”, but I honestly hate Christmas songs.
5) Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? Ha-ha Yes, Nikki and I give each other one gift on Christmas Eve. The gift is usually something we can use that night. For example, candy items, slippers, or a movie to watch that night.
6) Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Rudolph.
7) What Holiday tradition are you looking forward to this year? Um, we only have like two traditions anyway, but the best one is the wishbone. My cousin and I do it every year.
8) Is your Christmas tree real or fake? It’s definitely fake. Nikki and I don’t really trust ourselves that we won’t burn the place down.
9) What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat? Food- definitely honey ham with pineapple. And for the sweets, definitely, fudge peanut butter and chocolate swirl fudge:)
10) Be Honest; Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? Giving but I also love receiving:)
11) What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? Tickets to an NFL game:)
12) What would be your dream place to visit during the Holiday Season? Ah, Colorado!
13) Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably? Lol, I use to be pretty freakin bad at wrapping presents when I first started but now I’d say I’m, Semi-Pro?
14) Most memorable Holiday moment? I’d have to say two Christmas’ ago with Nikki we got snowed into our house for a week with +7 feet of snow. It was so much fun, boring a few times but it was fun trying to find things to do. What sucked most what having no electric which meant no heat, lots of fires and blankets!
15) What made you realize the truth about Santa? Lol, this is kinda a funny story. My family and I use to go to Palm Springs, CA once about ever 3 months since my brother lived there with his wife and kids. One time we decided to go there and have Christmas in the desert, it was pretty interesting being somewhere that had no snow, and I swam on Christmas day lol. I was probably about 7 and my niece was about 4, that sounds right. I got my very first American Girl Doll and couldn’t be happier, my niece got one as well. My sister in law says “Kayla, did you thank grandma for the doll?” and I said, “Kristy, it was from Santa”. She looked at me (thinking I already knew there was no Santa) and said “same thing honey”. I cried for days, I was devasted but at the same time I was glad to know lol.
16) Do you make New Year Resolutions? Nah. lol
17) What makes the Holidays special for you? Being with family, everyone usually in a good loving mood during the Holidays, it’s a warm and cozy setting, being together with Nikki through all the Holidays makes things feel closer each year.
If you’re interested in doing the Christmas Tag, feel free to jump in!