Day 19: My Worst Habits:
Honestly, I have a lot of “habits” that some I consider bad and other I don’t but I feel that some people would think they are, so I’ll include them as well.
I just gotta add this in here:Bad Habits Bad Habits
- Number One on this list is most definitely Camel Menthols, I’ve been smoking cigarettes now for 8 consecutive years now and I’m only 22. I believe this will be my number one health problem as I get older. It’s time to quit now. I also agree that this is a bad habit that no one should ever start.
- Number Two is biting my nails and skin around my nails. I do this a lot, and badly. I’m constantly having blood around my nails and going to the bathroom to get it off because I’m constantly biting on my fingers, even if there are no nails left. I agree this is a bad habit but it’s an anxiety coping skill that I found works for me, I haven’t stopped ever since.
- Numba Three, cracking my fingers, back, toes, neck, knees. I crack literally everything including my ankles. I agree that it’s a bad habit as it makes your knuckles massive and can cause hand problems apparently but I can’t stop. I have literally tried multiple times to quit doing it. I feel like the more years you do it, it hurts to stop? My fingers feel cramped and unusable if they’re not freshly cracked.
- Four, biting the inside of my cheeks. I’ve been doing this since I can remember, to be honest, it’s another anxiety coping skill that I found works for me when in a heated situation. It’s so bad, my volleyball coach had to have a “talk” with my volleyball team when I was in high school. She said “look, I know half of you don’t want to be here, but I am your coach and what I say, you respect. I see a lot of lip biting coming from over there Cyerra, if you have something to say, please say it”. I literally said, “um, I bite my cheeks because I have anxiety and you’re making me anxious as hell”. She never assumed I was pissed again, lol.
- I’m going to have to name one of my favorite things, and I’m only listing this because many people see it as a habit, I do not on the other hand as it’s a choice and not something I technically “need”. Marijuana, the plant from our maker given to us for so many fucking reasons and we criminalize it. LMFAO. Weed helps me, a lot, and in many different ways. It helps my social anxiety…a lot, spark up a bowl or bong and you’ll have me talking all night long. I’ve been smoking ganj every day now for the past 5 consecutive years. It helps my “head situations” more and quicker than any medication that I’ve been on by my doctor. A lot of people look at stoners as these lazy potheads, I’m not a lazy pothead, I just a hippie soul at heart and the ganj makes my soul come alive:) If you’re confused on wtf I’m talking about, Marijuana, Weed, Ganja, Ganj, Cannabis, Loud, whatever the fuck ya’ll wanna call it. I’ve done a lot of drugs in my lifetime and I
personally don’t consider marijuana a drug, I look at is as I do my medicine. Actually, I look at my medicine as worse for me in the long run than I do my meds. Willie Nelson sure as hell looks pretty damn healthy to me at his age, his secret? Mary Jane! So, if you’re one of those people that find this to be a bad habit, I must have a lot of bad habits then lol. I’m all for weed coming legalized and for recreational use, there’s more to weed then just smoking and getting high. If you don’t believe me, look up the strain of marijuana called “Charlottes Web“, it was named after a child, you’ll understand once you read about it. So to all my fellow stoners, hippies, potheads out there; make the people wrong, show that we can be productive people and potheads at the same damn time. We can work a full-time job, come home put on some comfy clothes and smoke a damn bowl, eat, and go to bed. If that’s an addiction, we see things differently.
- Lastly, road rage. I have road rage and I have it bad. I can’t stand people that don’t know how to use a turning lane, people that don’t know how to use their blinkers, people that don’t know how to go the fucking speed limit, and people that “go around” cars. I do a lot of yelling when I’m driving, I don’t know why but I feel really anxious and just annoyed when driving around our town. There’s this huge strip of road that brings you into my town that’s about 5 miles long, just a long strip up the mountains with a creek on one side and trees on the other, the speed limit is 50mph. I swear to god you would think it was 40mph some days and the next you’d think it was 70mph because of a number of jackasses that cross the double yellow line to go around me. I had a family member pass away by “going around someone, I don’t agree with doing this, especially during the daytime, can’t see the headlights coming your way.
So, what’re your bad habits? Do we have any of the same ones? On a personal note, how do you personally feel about habit number 5? I’d like to hear people’s thoughts and comments on today’s challenge as it’s an interesting topic.
Let me know in the comments below.